About Head of Department
Dr. Vaibhav R. Malviya at the post of Dy.FA&CAO(W) R, an IRAS 2014 batch officer, has articulated exceptional dedication, attitude and managerial expertise in revamping the Accounts Office at WRS/Raipur. His penchant for hard work with utmost honesty, sincerity & logical application is evident in his approach to staff related matters, which has resulted in a congenial atmosphere among staff, officers and outsiders. He has proved to be a leader by example.
Activities of sections at a glance
- Establishment ( Gazetted & Non Gazetted ), New Pension System(NPS)
Sri O.P.Sahu, Sr.SO(A)
- Passing of Salary Bills, Labour Pay Sheets of staff under the Accounting Unit of Dy.FA&CAO(W)/Raipur.
- Vetting of LPC, TA & Contingent Bills.
- Maintenance of Cadre and Scale Check Register.
- Maintenance of Suspense – Civil Grants and Staff related
- Preparation and Uploading of NPS Data to NSDL.
- Ensure proper upkeep of NPS Ledgers and other Files/documents relating to NPS section.
- Monthly and Annual NPS Reconciliation with books & NSDL uploaded data
2. Expenditure ,Pension
Sri Kamlesh Kumar, Sr.SO(A)
- Scrutiny and passing of Imprest Bills, Contractor’s Bills, Stores Bills & other Misc. Bills.
- Maintenance of Suspense relating to Expenditure Sec.
- Maintenance of Paper Securities. (SD/EMD/BG etc).
- Preparation of DAT’s pertaining to Expenditure Section.
- Review of Settlement cases.
- Compilation of all types of Pension.
- Issue & Revision of PPO’s.
- Passing of Settlement dues including NPS cases.
- Maintenance of Suspense – Unpaid Pension, DCRG etc.
3. Books, Budget, WMS
Sri Narayan Prasad, Sr.SO(A)
- Raising and acceptance of DATC/DATD & preparation of JV through IPAS-Erecon.
- Preparation of Account Current.
- Maintenance of Sales Suspense.
- Jobs related to Deposit Work.
- Compilation of Unit Cost of various repair activities viz. POH, POH+CORR etc.
- Works related to Quarterly Hourly rate of Labour and Oncost Budget. Adjustments relating to condemnation of M&P, Wagons etc.
- Preparation of Monthly Cash Budget, Cash outgo statements & Monthly Cheque Summary.
- Preparation of cheque abstracts and printing of cheques.
- Distribution of Spending Limits (Budget Grants), RE & FME of Capital (WMS) between Raipur and Nagpur Workshops.
- Compilation of various Budget Estimates viz., ARE, RE-BE & FME of both Revenue and Capital (WMS).
- Compilation of Appropriation Accounts, Block Account and allied statements.
- Works relating to RSBO.
4. Administration, Finance, Post Audit
Sri Dinabandhu Barik, Sr.SO(A)
- Preparation of Salary Bill and other Estt. Related bills of Gaz and Non-Gaz Staff of Accounts Office/WRS/R.
- Maintenance of Service records, Leave Records and other personal records of staff of Accounts Office/WRS/R.
- Maintenance of Imprest ( General & Computer).
- Maintenance of Registers relating to
- All types of Leave.
- Other office Registers such as Duty etc.
- Maintenance of Tools & Plant Register.
- Repair and Maintenance of office equiq. including Computers and other peripherals.
- Compilation and Filing of Income Tax Returns of Accounts Office/WRS/R.
- Correspondence relating to Finance Section.
- Vetting of Estimates & Checking of CS & BN.
- Pairing of Gate Pass & Challans.
- Works related to Post Audit.
5. Provident Fund, Incentive, Inspection & Efficiency
Sri B.Gopalkrishnan, Sr.SO(A)
- Passing of PF advances.
- Review and Passing of PF settlement dues.
- All books activities ( DAT/JV etc) relating to Transfer In and Out cases.
- Monthly and Annual PF Reconciliation.
- Maintenance of Ineffective Ledger and Suspense relating to PF section.
- Compilation of Incentive Bonus and its incorporation in Labour Pay Sheet (LPS).
- Preparation of Managerial Statements relating to Incentive.
- Correspondence relating to Inspection & Efficiency.
- Clearance of Audit Objections, Accounts Inspection Reports.
- Compilation of Various reports/returns as per schedule.
- Preparation of Debt Head Report & Half yearly Suspense Review
Achievements of Accounts Office
- Implementation of IPAS – Salary, Internal Check and other important modules (April 2016).
- Implementation of Incentive module in IPAS (April 2017).
- Implementation of PASS & LEAVE Modules.
- Due to continuous monitoring of WMS Balance, this unit has been successful in keeping the “Ratio of Closing Balance to Gross Credits under WMS Balance” at 1.59 % for the period ending 31st March 2019.
- All 1628 cases of pension revision pertaining to Pre-2016 have been successfully completed.
- Implementation of CIPS facilitating direct credit to beneficiaries account through SBI.
- Successful implementation of revised hourly rate of incentive bonus to artisan staff of WRS/Raipur, and payment of arrears.
- Passing of bills in GeM.
- This office has successfully implemented Online condemnation of Wagons Module enabling computerized scrutiny of proposals for condemnation of Wagons.